Thursday, October 27, 2005

Weekly update

Daddy's favorite color
Happy Girl
Traveling Gnome
Whew, It's been a long time since I've updated the blog. Everyone is doing great, trying to stay dry with the horrible rain we've had. On October 2nd, it was gorgeous and sunny and warm, since then...cold and rainy almost everyday, the sun is out today, but brrr! Winter came fast!
Calia is doing great. Smiling more everyday. Kevin calls her our travelocity traveling gnome when she wears her Yiayia-made "zip-up the back sweater" She loves the cozy warm sweater, but for the first time someone thought she was a boy!! I was looking at Robeez shoes for her and the sales lady asked why I was looking at shoes with purple butterflies for my little boy, then she looked down at Calia's jeans which have pink around the cuff and apologized profusely. I decide to buy the pink with white flowers Robeez as to avoid any further confusion. If anyone has a baby and doesn't own a pair of these shoes you are missing out. They stay on incredibly well and are quite fashionable, well worth the high price tag ($25-28 a pair depending on where you buy them).
I love my new job at University Healthcare for Kids, night and day from my previous practice. This place is the reason I wanted to be a PA! My fellow practioners are soo knowledgable, I learned more from them the first few days than I had in over a year at the other practice! A very good fit, indeed! The shortened commute (less than 10 mintues compared to 45-50 minutes each way) gives me more time to spend with my princess. Calia is still sleeping through the night! She sleeps anywhere from 7-9 hours straight through. Such a doll! She's looking forward to having her Nana here next week to watch her (she starts daycare on Nov 15th!) For the past 3+ weeks everyone in my family has been taking turns watching her (Thanks to Katie and kids, Elaine and kids, Calia's Great,Great Aunt Jo, 2 Yiayia, Yiayia, Great Aunt Barbara, and Nouna (Godmother in Greek) Katie).

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Such cute cheeks!

that is so funny about the shoes. I bought brynna a pair. i have been taking her to infant story time twice a week and the women i met there told me i needed to get some. :) Hope to see you guys soon!