Whew, what a busy past couple weeks! Visitors and Visiting! Calia's nana (Kevin's mom) came up to stay with us Oct 30-Nov 5. What a great help! Then, we went to PA last weekend to meet everyone. Calia was amazing on the trip. She slept from the time we left home until we were well into NJ! Kevin and I were starving, but didn't dare to stop for fear of waking the sleeping giant. We had a great time. Finally got to meet Abigail and Declan. It was fun to hold them, so much lighter than Calia (who is about 12.5 lbs now). Calia slept on the way home from PA until we were past Worcester, MA. This time we didn't wait for her to wake, we just stopped to eat and she was in a great mood. Good to know for the next long trip (PA for Christmas).
Calia started daycare on Nov 15 at Toddle Inn in Cumberland. So far, so good. She likes looking at all of her classmates. The first day I put her in a bouncy seat and the little boy in the seat next to her was checking her out. When he smiled up at me I told him to not even think about it! He just kept smiling. Too cute. This morning she was in a bad mood when I dropped her off. The other babies were all staring at her as if to say "what's wrong with the new girl." Two of the little boys were cooing at her after she calmed down. Lord only knows what they were saying!
Not too much else is new. She seems close to rolling from back to front, interesting because usually babies roll from front to back first (I did at 12 weeks, thanks mom). Calia might do that if everytime she was on her belly whe wasn't more interested in sucking on her hands, slight oral fixation. She sucks her thumb and talks herself to sleep every night, while looking at herself in the mirror. She talks constantly, babbling and cooing. Too funny, the other day she and I were talking and Kevin walked in. All of the sudden Calia looked over at him and started barking out orders, then back to me talking sweetly. Kevin said "see what your teaching her." Not quite sure if I agree with that, but he did something to piss her off. Quite the character that one!
OH and Happy 4 year anniversary of our first date to my loving hubby...thank you for the beautiful roses that looked like my wedding bouquet, and for bringing home milk so I wouldn't have to run out and get it. You are the best and I don't tell you that enough. Ok, enough sappy stuff...onward to the weekend...The ladies of my family are getting together at Aunt Jo's, big date with my hubby, and Toys R Us night of special shopping/deals. Then it's almost time to eat Turkey!
Friday, November 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment