Friday, December 14, 2007

Major Event....

So, Calia has been peeing on the potty for a few weeks now. she's gotten very good at telling us when she has to go and actually going 50% of that time, the other times, she just sings her ABC's while sitting on the toilet. Her pullups are minimally wet and the end of the day, so she's getting really good at holding it, too.

Anyway, this morning I could hear her talking to herself in her bedroom. I went in and she was looking out the window at the snow remarking how pretty it was. When I said "good morning," Calia told me "Mommy, I pooped." So, I said, "in your diaper" and she said, "not yet." So we made our way to the bathroom and she sat on the potty and sure enough, she did it, and I don't just mean a little one either! FINALLY. We danced and jumped around and she got a bunch of Dora stickers to wear to daycare today. She was beaming (as was Mommy)! She kept saying "I'm a big girl" I'm so proud, hopefully, this will continue. So, next time you see Calia, give her a pat on the back and tell her how proud you are!

No comments: