When I arrive at Little Hands, I find Calia's classmates sitting at table for lunch looking tramatized and there is Calia on the changing table with 2 adults over her, crying as the adults are holding pressure on her head. The minute she saw me, she stopped crying. I asked if she was ok and she said yes. I looked at the cut, 1.5 cm and fairly deep and decided to bring her in for dermabond. We bandaged her up and off I went, back to MMC.
We were quickly seen (perks of working at the hospital). They cleaned the laceration and applied 3 layers of dermabond. Calia didn't flinch, cry or complain. Amazing. The ED doc stated he wished all his patient's, regardless of age, were this well behaved. Needless to say, I was/am a very proud mommy.
I decided it was easier to keep Calia at the hospital, because I didn't feel like driving her back to school and I wanted to keep an eye on her after her head trauma. We ate lunch, then I had to go do an admission, so Calia hung out, alone, in the call room watching Max and Ruby, for almost 1 1/2 hours. Amazing. She was rewarded with ice cream. Stinks that she'll have a little scar above her left eyebrow, but wow, what an amazing little girl I am blessed to be the mommy of.
1 comment:
Glad she's okay.
Post a Comment