Friday, March 10, 2006

Week off...kind of

In her tub
Grabbing at the camera
Heading out

So, I've been on vacation from work this week and have gotten to spent a ton of one-on-one time with Calia...I've discovered she is quite the character. I'm holding my breath for some teeth to arrive, because she is a drooly, crabby, clingy mess. I've been organizing the clothes she's outgrown into girl or unisex to store away for #2. She is now offically out of 3-6 months, although some still fit her, I decided it was time to move on! She is sleeping 10-11 hours a night straight through 6 out of 7 nights of the week, and only getting up once during the other night and crying for an hour or so until I go in and rub her gums, poor thing! She is eating 3 meals a day...breakfast: breast (mommy), oatmeal and fruit; mid am: breast milk (mommy or 6 oz pumped); lunch: fruit or veggie and 6 oz formula; mid pm: breast milk (mommy or 6 oz pumped); dinner: mixed cereal and veggie; before bed: 4-6 oz formula.
The last weekend in Feb, Kevin's parents came up from PA to visit, they had not seen Calia since Christmas. We had a good visit, including a day in Freeport shopping. Calia's great Gram and Grampa Jack are coming to stay with us the weekend of March 24-26. Calia spends most of her time in her entertainer...standing, bouncing, gumming at anything she can maneuver to her mouth. She sits for short times unassisted, but because she bucks backward, she doesn't last long. It is the bucking backward motion that enables her to scoot on her back across the room...who needs to crawl when you can buck? And banging on anything in her vicinity, I blame this on my former band member husband, who played the drums. We have noticed, that if music is on, Calia can keep the cadence with her banging. Brilliant!

Kevin and I are knee deep in kitchen renovation plans. We both want the best, but have to remember our little house is not high end and that a simple, middle of the road, renovation will suffice, and leave us with extra money for other things...like or upcoming trip to California in May. Thankfully, it seems as though winter is ending, not that we ever had much of one this season, fine by me! This weekend it is supoosed to be in the upper 50's!! Woo Hoo!

No comments: