Friday, August 04, 2006

"Calia wears the pants in this room"

Lunch at Gritty's Freeport last Sunday, chomping on a pickle!
Guess her room was too light at 730 for bedtime, so she wrapped her blankie over her head.
Playing one morning.
This morning while dropping Calia off at daycare, I witnessed quite a scene. Griffin (usually one of Calia's best buds) was playing happily, so Calia went over and attempted to take his toy. Griffin wouldn't let go, so Calia hit him, not just a little tap, a full blown bitch slap. I said Calia, in my sternest voice, (which usually she laughs at). She looked up at me and started to cry hysterically. Griff of course dropped the toy and went onto something else, but Calia carried on crying for 5 minutes. I told her that was not ok and she would have no friends if she acted like that. Eventually, I picked her up and gave her a kiss. Vanessa (one of the girls in her room) said, "Yup, that's Calia she definitely wears the pants in this room". Of course as a mom, I'm mortified that my child, my precious princess would act like this. Wonder where she gets this temper?

1 comment:

Marcy said...

A take control kind of girl!