
Today, my mom and I took Calia to meet my Papa. When I was one and my mom went back to work, she took me to Nana and Papa's house. They were this older couple in our neighborhood, who watched kids. I spent 10 years under their care and they are like second grandparents to me. When Nana passed away in summer 1998, Papa sold their large house and moved to a retirement village. This man is incredible. He turned 93 in March and golfs 7 days a week, although he states he has to use the cart now. He has been featured in Sports Illustrated and in our local paper/news many times. One year ago, he hit his first hole in one at 92! Calia went for Papa's fan and he said no, and I laughed she had gotten her first "no" by Papa, something her angelic mother never heard (yeah right!) Unfortunately, it was close to nap time and Calia didn't have much to do, excpet crawl around and head for that fan again and again. She was a bit crabby, but Papa said he had seen worse. He got a kick out of wiping her runny nose stating, "I haven't done that in years!" It was nice to catch up with him and for him to see my little girl who is now the age I was when he first met me!
1 comment:
That is so sweet!
Post a Comment