Friday, July 13, 2007

Almost there...

Wednesday night, we put Calia to bed at 7pm. She cried and whined for over an hour about Mick, who she had clutched in her hand the whole time. I was distraught. Calia has been a terrific sleeper from early on. Breast fed, she slept 6 hour stretches at less than a month old, and was up to 8 hour stretches at 2 months old. Calia could be going full throttle and if you asked her if she wanted to go to bed, she'd promptly stop and be ready and willing. combine this with her 3-4 hour naps, she's been a dream. Until 7/4/7, now bedtime is a struggle and naps are only 2 1/2 hours. I was close to caving on Wednesday night and giving her one of the intact Micks, but I held my ground and before our second 30 minute check-in, the crying stopped, and Calia wasn't heard form again until am!! Woot!

Last night, it got even easier. Bed at 7:30 (we've moved bedtime out to 7:30 from 7:00), whimpering and whining for 20 minutes, then silence. YES! Then Kevin and his pals returned from biking, Coda barked, and I heard Calia crying. CRAP! I quickly ran up, told her it was ok, retrieved her nub-Mick off the floor, placed it in her hand, and left. The silence continued. SUCCESS!! Another full night of sleep. And according to Kevin, Mick was on the floor this am. I'm sure we'll have setbacks with the sleeping through the night thing, especially since we are still waiting for all 4 of Calia's canine teeth to come through. But, as long as bedtime routine continues to improve, I'll be a happy mommy.

No comments: